Pediatric urology is the surgical specialty that focuses on the urinary tract of boys and girls, and on the reproductive system of boys. Pediatric urologists are specially trained medical professionals who diagnose, treat and manage urological disorders in children.
Common pediatric urological disorders include:
- Daytime incontinence
- Urinary tract infections/obstructions
- Undescended testes
- Hypospadias – birth defect in males; abnormally placed urethra
Virtua urologists offer full-service urology care for children. Services include the diagnosis, treatment and management of urinary and genital problems from incontinence to undescended testes. To correct such problems, Virtua urologists offer minimally invasive procedures.
Learn more about Virtua's surgical services.
- Board-certified urologists specially trained to treat children
- Board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists
- Board-certified child life therapists
- Diagnosis and treatment of children’s urological disorders
- Minimally invasive procedures to correct urological disorders