The number of people having cosmetic or reconstructive plastic surgery has grown significantly in recent years. In fact, in 2008, plastic surgeons performed more than 12 million cosmetic procedures and almost 5 million reconstructive procedures.
Cosmetic surgery is for people looking to improve their appearance through body contouring procedures such as breast lifts or liposuction, facial cosmetic procedures such as rhinoplasty (nose surgery) or facelifts, or non-invasive procedures such as Botox or collagen injections.
Reconstructive plastic surgery is for people who are trying to restore a normal appearance to the face or body due to birth defects, trauma, infection or disease such as breast cancer.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures Provided by Virtua
Virtua offers a full range of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures performed by fellowship-trained plastic surgeons. This includes:
- Breast reconstruction following lumpectomy or mastectomy
- Surgical reconstruction after weight loss (bariatric) surgery for men and women
- Breast augmentation surgery using silicone or saline implants
- Breast lift
- Breast reduction
- Body contouring and liposuction
- Brow lifts
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Nose surgery (rhinoplasty)
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Finding the right plastic surgeon may mean consulting with several doctors and assessing whether or not it's a comfortable fit. For help finding a plastic surgeon that's right for you, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823).