Experienced cancer specialists offer the latest in radiation therapy technology to treat cancer and other related disorders. The physicians and staff at the Virtua Fox Chase Cancer Program will develop an individualized radiation therapy treatment plan and help you understand the intricacies of diagnosis and treatment.
With convenient locations throughout South Jersey, you can receive the most advanced radiation therapy that:
- Decreases treatment time
- Enhances precision
- Reduces possible side effects
- Is close to home
All services are provided by board-certified and fellowship-trained radiation oncologists, medical physicists, medical dosimetrists, certified radiation therapists, oncology nurses and social workers.
Advanced technology, planning and treatment...
- Clinical trials offer the latest prevention and treatment studies approved by the National Cancer Institute.
- A computerized planning system helps develop a radiation treatment plan that maximizes the dose of radiation to the tumor with minimal exposure to normal tissue.
- External radiation from a linear accelerator targets tumors to destroy cancerous cells and preserve healthy tissue.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) allows doctors to conform a number of radiation beams, delivering higher doses of radiation to the tumor while preserving healthy tissue.
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) uses imaging equipment to precisely target and track tumors.
- Calypso GPS for the Body ® technology provides accurate, precise, real-time tracking of the tumor or targeted area, such as the prostate, enabling clinicians to keep the target in the path of the radiation at all times during treatment delivery.
- Computed Tomography (CT) Simulator is utilized by the physician to accurately locate the precise treatment area.
- High-Dose Rate Brachytherapy delivers radiation directly into the tumor site using multi-channel applicators, especially for breast and gynecologic tumors.
- Prostate Brachytherapy are radioactive seeds implanted directly into the prostate gland.
- 4-D Computed Tomography (CT) Simulator is one of the most important tools in radiation treatment planning that allows for assessment of tumor motion.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) allows physicians to deliver high doses of radiation to very small areas within the brain.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) is similar, except it is utilized to treat small tumors in the body, such as in the lung.
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) delivers IMRT treatments in a significantly faster treatment time and is especially useful for head and neck and prostate cancers.
Call 1-855-847-8824 to schedule an appointment.