Virtua Health & Wellness Center - Moorestown
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the new Moorestown Health and Wellness Center?
The 200,000-square-foot building is located on an 18-acre parcel of land in Centerton Square, at the intersection of Young Ave and Centerton Road. The address is 401 Young Avenue, Moorestown, New Jersey.
What doe the Center offer?
The Health and Wellness Center at Moorestown offers a wide variety of programs to help people reach their health and fitness goals. The Center is part of a comprehensive network of health and wellness centers designed to improve the health of residents in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester and surrounding counties.
Where are Virtua’s other Health and Wellness Centers?
Virtua will have a total of four centers at the following locations:
- William G. Rohrer Center for HealthFitness – 2309 Evesham Road, Voorhees
- Virtua Health and Wellness Center – Washington Township; 239 Hurffville Crosskeys Rd, Sewell
- Virtua Health and Wellness Center – Voorhees; 200 Bowman Drive
- Virtua Health and Wellness Center – Moorestown; 401 Young Avenue
What services are provided in the Center?
The Health and Wellness Center – Moorestown represents an approach that is geared toward keeping people healthy and helping those who are not so healthy better manage their conditions through easy access to physicians, exercise, nutrition and support programs.
Some of the services and programs available at the Virtua Health & Wellness Center – Moorestown include:
Outpatient medical services
- Physical rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Diabetes and nutrition counseling
- Immediate care
- Lab services
- Primary care
- Pain management
- Obstetrics and gynecology
- Breast care
- State-of-the-art day spa
- Fitness center complete with:
- Lap, aerobic and warm-water therapy pools
- The latest weight training and cardio equipment
- Professionally trained and certified fitness instructors
- Medically supervised fitness programs for weight loss, arthritis and cardiac conditions
- Grab-and-go café
- On-site child care when you use services
What did it cost to build the center?
The total projected cost is $96 million.
How did Virtua finance the new center?
Virtua Health and Wellness Centers are funded by developers from whom Virtua leases building space to provide services.
What companies were involved in the design and construction of the center?
The architectural firm is Stantec. For more information, visit www.stantec.com.
The construction management firm is P.Agnes. For more information, visit www.pagnes.com.
What are some ways Virtua has incorporated green efforts into the building?
- Construction waste is reduced through the General Contractor’s waste management program
- Plantings that do not require mechanical irrigation
- Motion sensor lighting controls wherever programmatically feasible
- Smart HVAC controls with off-hours modes to decrease HVAC loads
- Sited for strong connections to pedestrians and mass transit access (bus)
- Highly efficient building envelope with high R values
- All interior finishes are low or no-VOC
- Perimeter walking paths