Virtua Neuroscience is a practice of highly specialized physicians providing diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of complex neurological disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves.
The clinical subspecialists of Virtua Neuroscience provide care for acute and chronic conditions, from migraine to memory loss to movement disorders. Together, they combine expertise, leading-edge technologies and unwavering commitment to providing patients with best possible results and quality of life.
Comprehensive services of Virtua Neuroscience are led by experienced neurologists with exceptional standards of skill and expertise, and supported with advanced treatment technologies.
Virtua Neuroscience Practitioners
- Andro Zangaladze, MD, PhD, director of Virtua Neuroscience, is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in both neurology and clinical neurophysiology. He is also fellowship trained in clinical neurophysiology. Dr. Zangaladze has a special interest in epilepsy and is widely regarded as one of the region’s leading epileptologists.
- Steven M. Bromley, MD, director of outpatient services for Virtua Neuroscience, is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in neurology. He is fellowship trained in clinical neurophysio9logy. Dr. Bromley is also board certified in headache medicine. He has special interests in headache, multiple sclerosis, dementia, neuropsychiatry, and smell and taste disorders.
- Ricardo Mabanta, MD, is a board certified neurologist providing neurological care and advanced treatment for a wide range of neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis, migraines and other headaches conditions, post-concussion syndrome, dementia, and chemotherapy degeneration.
- Yun Sun, MD, is board certified in neurology and fellowship trained in EMG/neuromuscular medicine, for the diagnosis of diseases of the spinal cord, cranial nerves, brainstem, peripheral nerve, neuromuscular transmission and muscle.
- David Glosser, Sc.D, is director of neuropsychology for Virtua, specializing in the cognitive and behavioral aspects of neurological diseases and injuries, including epilepsy, head injury, movement disorders, memory disorders, multiple sclerosis, ADD, learning disabilities, and others.
Virtua Neuroscience provides
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging capabilities including CT, CTA and MRI
- Stroke risk assessment and evaluation
- Memory testing for loss attributed to Alzheimer's and other memory disorders
- Extensive cerebrovascular evaluation including carotid ultrasound, MRA, CTA and transcranial doppler
- Electroencephalography (EEG) to diagnose seizures, faints or blackouts and conditions like memory loss, mental decline and confusion
- Teleneurology at all Virtua emergency departments. Teleneurology allows emergency room physicians to have 24/7 access to neurologists via real-time, two-way audio and video communication for stroke diagnosis and intervention, including tPA use when appropriate