Virtua Female Pelvic Medicine is a highly specialized practice offering the most progressive treatments available for women affected by pelvic floor disorders, such as:
experience conditions such as urinary incontinence in their lives, it is often one of the least discussed subjects between a woman and her healthcare provider.
Many women put off treatment for years for fear of embarrassment. As a practice devoted exclusively to female pelvic medicine, we know the prevalence of these conditions and we understand patients’ sensitivity. With expertise and dignity, we provide a comfortable environment for patients to discuss their individual situation.
From sophisticated diagnostics to conservative non-surgical therapies and minimally invasive surgical procedures, Virtua Female Pelvic Medicine reconstructive surgery experts provide a full range of care and treatment:
- Multichannel urodynamic studies to pinpoint the precise location of bladder weakness for more effective outcomes
- Flexible cytoscopy to view the urethra and bladder, with complete comfort for patients while allowing patients to view study on video for a better understanding of the condition and treatment plan
- Conservative treatment plan which may include supportive devices and physical therapy
- Wide range of minimally invasive procedures, most of which are done in an outpatient setting
- Comprehensive follow-up to ensure optimal results
The practice provides surgical services for patients 18 and older at Virtua Voorhees Hospital, Summit Surgery Center and at the Virtua Health & Wellness Center in Voorhees. The practice is committed to expedient and through communication with referring physicians to ensure the most comprehensive patient care.
Joseph L. Maccarone, MD, FACOG
News release: Virtua physician achieves female pelvic medicine certification