For a healthier alternative, cut out the eggs, flour and most of the oil by baking the chicken instead of frying in a skillet. Try this healthier recipe below to save on the calories, fat and sodium.
4 (about 8 oz each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half to make 8
3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Lightly brush olive oil onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb/parmesan cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
NUTRITION ANALYSIS (per serving)
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/8 of recipe
|Calories per serving
Receive nutrition counseling from an expert dietitian
Virtua's registered dietitians assist individuals of all ages in making healthier choices by developing a food plan tailored to their needs. A registered dietitian can design a food plan based on lifestyle, activity level, weight, medical history and more. For more information about Virtua's Center for Weight Management, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823).