What is Virtua Health?
Please visit our website at www.virtua.org
to find out more information on Virtua.
What are Virtua Family Medicine Residency academic affiliations?
The Virtua Family Medicine Residency participates in the Network of Affiliated Family Practice Residencies of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) Department of Family Practice. Through this affiliation, faculty and residents are offered unique educational experiences such as bi-annual faculty development lectures and the AAFP ALSO (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics) course for all PGY1 residents. Additionally, the Department provides resources for resident and faculty research both within and between programs. All these activities are facilitated through regularly scheduled resident meetings and lectures which the programs jointly support.
What are the candidate eligibility requirements?
All applicants must meet the following criteria for a PGY1 position (criteria are strictly enforced- to be fair to all applicants):
How do I apply?
- ECFMG certified
- US Citizen, Permant Resident or Green Card Holder; Visa's are not sponsored.
- The date of medical school graduation cannot exceed 2 years prior to the academic year you would be starting the program.
All applications for a PGY1 position must come through ERAS
. Our program is a participant in The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Virtua ACGME ID:
What does the interview day look like?
What should I do to prepare for my interview?
- Interviews are conducted weekly.
- 9:00am - Program Director and applicant "Meet & Greet" group interview.
- 9:30am – Individual Interviews with Program Director.
- 11:00am - Group interviews with Faculty.
- 12:00pm – Interview and Lunch with current residents.
- 12:30pm – Tour of New Hospital
What should I do the day of my interview?
- Please ensure that all documentation is uploaded to ERAS (i.e. 3 letters of recommendation, Deans Letter, Medical School Transcripts, USMLE Scores, CAF, Personal Statement, ECFMG certificate, CV, etc.)
- Make sure you visit the residency webpage and take a tour of our family practice office. Tours are not conducted during the interview visit. The group interviews are based on that you took the time to read about the program on our website.
- While visiting the residency website, please take the time to visit the faculty & resident page where you can get details on each of our faculty members - you may have similiar clinical interests!
Interviews begin promptly at 9:00am, so plan to arrive 15 minutes early. You will be provided the location and address at the time you book your interivew.
Are walk-ins welcome on the day of interview?
Walk-ins will NOT be interviewed. The residency program requires that documents be submitted in full through ERAS. Careful consideration is applied to each candidates documentation packet prior to their invitation and arrival for their interview. If you are interested in the program, please take the proper steps to apply through ERAS as this will be the only way that your candidacy will be considered.