After a cardiac episode, cardiac rehabilitation can help to speed up recovery and reduce the chances of future heart problems.
Virtua's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program promotes recovery, independence and education for patients recovering from cardiovascular diseases. The goal is to teach patients the skills they need to improve their overall health and lead a heart-healthy lifestyle.
The program is accredited by the American Association for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACPR), led by board-certified cardiologists and staffed by cardiac rehab nurse specialists and exercise physiologists.
Virtua's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program Offers:
- Multi-disciplinary approach to education and risk-factor reduction
- Medically supervised exercise with heart monitoring
- Nutrition counseling with registered dietitians
- Continuous communication between cardiac rehab team and referring physician
- Emotional support through the Heart 'N Soul support group
Cardiac Rehabilitation Eligibility
Generally, patients are eligible for cardiac rehab if they have or are recovering from any of the following conditions:
To enroll in Virtua's Cardiac Rehab Program, patients need a doctor's referral and an exercise stress test.