Of all five senses — taste, smell, sight, hearing and touch — most individuals would probably rank sight as the most precious. Yet, many often fail to take simple precautions necessary to preserve it.
Eye diseases can occur at any age and may not cause symptoms until the damage is done. If detected early, a majority of sight-threatening diseases can be treated or prevented. The most important preventive step is receiving routine examinations by a qualified eye care professional.
From treating the most routine to the most advanced eye disorders, the board-certified ophthalmologists at the Virtua Eye Diagnostic Treatment Center in Marlton offer a wide range of specialized ophthalmologic care such as:
- Progressive eye care techniques
- Latest treatments for eye disorders and diseases including cataracts and two of the leading causes of blindness - glaucoma and macular degeneration
- Ophthalmic subspecialty consultations
Some of the routine tests that may be performed are:
When necessary, a variety of other highly specialized services are performed by Virtua’s certified technical staff to properly diagnose and treat patients. Some of the services include:
- Cryotherapy for end-stage glaucoma, retinal tears and trichiasis
- Peripheral Iridotomy (PI) laser for glaucoma treatment to the iris
- Focal Laser for the treatment of leakage and swelling of the macula
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT)
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) for treating macular degeneration
- Contact lens fitting
- Refractive Surgery: LASIK, PRELEX, PRK/Epi-LASIK, CK
- SLT cool lasers