Infertility is described as the inability to become pregnant after a year of unprotected sex. According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, at least 12% of all couples trying to have a baby experience infertility issues, and those issues affect men and women equally.
Virtua staffs reproductive endocrinologists who are board-certified obstetrician/gynecologists (OB/GYNs) with advanced education and training in the diagnosis and treatment of reproductive disorders and infertility in women and men.
Virtua is South Jersey’s leading provider of OB/GYN care, and a great resource for finding an experienced, board-certified reproductive endocrinologist.
Virtua's fertility specialists use the latest techniques to help couples achieve pregnancy. This includes:
- Medication and hormone therapy
- Intrauterine insemination
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), a fertilization procedure in which a sperm is injected directly into an egg
- Embryo cryopreservation (freezing)
- Donor eggs
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis, a procedure in which embryos created through in-vitro fertilization (IVF) can be tested for genetic problems prior to being placed into the uterus to establish a pregnancy
In addition, Virtua's reproductive endocrinologists perform advanced minimally invasive surgical treatments, including:
- Treatment of severe endometriosis
- Repair of damaged fallopian tubes
- Myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids)
Virtua fertility specialists also offer an exciting surgical technique called transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy. This emerging technology is currently being used diagnostically, but soon will be used therapeutically as well. This procedure gives access to the abdominal cavity without abdominal incisions or punctures and can be performed under local anesthesia in both the office and operating room settings.
Call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823) for information on a doctor and an appointment.