Pregnancy is a 9-month journey that's filled with lots of detailed preparation - from decorating a special nursery to choosing the safest baby gear. That same attention to detail is essential when choosing a place to have a baby. It's important to choose a hospital that offers a relaxed, family-centered birth experience, with the support of leading obstetricians (OBs) and high-risk OB and pediatric specialists who have every technology readily available.
Virtua offers all of the services needed throughout pregnancy — from prenatal testing and education to comfortable delivery and postpartum rooms and advanced neonatal intensive care.
The Maternity Centers at Virtua Health
Maternity services are offered at Virtua Memorial Hospital in Mount Holly and Virtua Voorhees Hospital. Each location provides:
- Home-like labor, delivery and recovery rooms (LDRs) and state-of-the-art operating suites for cesarean births and complicated deliveries
- Private and semi-private postpartum rooms with newborn "rooming in" encouraged
- Newborn nursery and neonatal intensive care with 24/7 coverage by pediatric specialists
- Breastfeeding education and support from certified lactation consultants, as well as breast pump rentals and nursing bra-fittings
- Specialized care for patients hospitalized during pregnancy
- Flexible visiting hours for family and friends
- Online nursery to announce the birth with a guestbook for friends and family
Schedule a hospital maternity tour
To schedule a tour for Virtua Memorial Hospital or Virtua Voorhees Hospital, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823), or schedule a maternity tour online.
The interactive pregnancy-tracking tool for parents
VirtuaBaby.org guides Virtua patients through pregnancy, and prepares them to deliver and take their baby home. Here's what you'll find:
Learn about prenatal testing, exercise and nutrition along with helpful tips on choosing a doctor for the baby and how to quit smoking.
Find comprehensive information on delivering a baby at Virtua. Get the scoop on everything from pre-registering for delivery and packing for the hospital to pain management during delivery and visiting hours for family and friends.
Learn about the early weeks of caring for a newborn with information on screenings, immunizations, breastfeeding, infant safety and much more.
- My Virtua
Sign up for VirtuaBaby for extra tools to help with the following:
- Track baby's development
- View a pregnancy checklist
- Watch educational videos
- Manage physician appointments
- Sign-up for email reminders
- Receive members-only promotional offers