To help ease your anxiety about your cancer diagnosis, Virtua can connect you with a nurse navigator through Virtua’s Nurse Navigation Program for breast, colorectal, gastrointestinal, gynecologic and prostate cancer patients. All services are free to Virtua patients.
A Registered Oncology Nurse Can:
- Help you understand your diagnosis, care plan and medications
- Facilitate and streamline communication between you and the doctors who will be taking care of you
- Answer your questions
- Coordinate scheduled appointments
- Provide assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services
- Provide timely care and reduce delays by easing access to cancer care specialists
- Facilitate and streamline communication with providers and connect you with support services
- Provide individual support and education
Also, an Access Navigator is available and can help those who recently received abnormal mammogram results by setting up an appointment with a Virtua breast specialist in a timely manner. For more information, call Kate McCullough, Access Navigator, at (856) 325-3676.
Breast Cancer Handbook
A diagnosis of breast cancer can be a frightening experience for any woman. You face many decisions, have unanswered questions and concerns and want the best possible care. The Breast Cancer Handbook has been designed to inform you and help you keep all of your breast cancer care information organized. This guide can help you with the questions and decisions in the days ahead.
Cancer Counseling Program
The Virtua Fox Chase Cancer Program provides a full range of counseling services to meet the emotional needs of cancer patients and their families. Individual/Family counseling as well as support groups and educational programs are offered by a staff of Oncology Clinical Social Workers.