Outpatient lab services provide vital information to clinicians. The services, which include standard blood tests, influence the medical treatment patients receive by helping clinicians diagnose common and uncommon illnesses and conditions. Outpatient lab services do not require a patient to stay overnight in the hospital.
Virtua provides quick, convenient outpatient lab testing through multiple locations in South Jersey. Virtua outpatient labs in Camden, Gloucester and Burlington counties are staffed by phlebotomists who are specially trained to collect blood samples.
Virtua's highly experienced team of technical staff analyze tests and report results to physicians in a timely and efficient manner. Physicians are able to provide the results to their patients with confidence.
The labs provide services, both routine and specialized, to the public and to long term and specialty care facilities. When possible, Virtua labs electronically send test results to the ordering physician on the same day as the patient's visit.
Blood tests are commonly used to diagnose the following disorders:
- Metabolic disorders such as diabetes
- Allergy testing
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Tumor pathology
The benefits of having outpatient lab testing performed at Virtua include:
- Scheduled lab appointments now available.
- Walk-ins welcome. For your convenience, please call to schedule glucose tolerance and lactose tolerance tests.
- Evening and weekend hours available.
- Pediatric lab specialists available at select locations.
- Most test results reported the same day.
- Most major insurances are accepted.
Information for your next lab visit:
- All test requests must be accompanied by a physician's order.
- Some tests require that you fast for 12 hours prior to specimen collection. Please follow your physician's instructions. Remember, water is always OK.
- We will ask you for insurance and billing information on your first visit.
Call 1-844-896-LABS (5227) to schedule your blood work.
For more information on specific lab tests, visit www.labtestsonline.org.