PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Virtua may revise and update these Policies at any time. Your continued usage of the VirtuaBaby.org will mean that you accept those changes.
- You are personally responsible for protecting your login information to protect your privacy.
- The personally identifiable information we collect about you is used to provide you with personalized baby development information and other personalized services send you e-mail reminders about events in your calendar and pregnancy check list. It will also be used to send notifications about VirtuaBaby.org and hospital updates.
- VirtuaBaby will not disclose any Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information it gathers from you on our Web Site.We may only release Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information to third parties: (1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights.
- Even if you do not register with VirtuaBaby.org, we collect Non-Personal Information about your use of our Web site through cookies or Web beacons.
- Virtua goes to every extent to protect your personal information: password protection, firewalls, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) 128-bit encryption, limited employee access to Personally Identifiable Information, system back-ups, auditing records, secure messaging, etc..
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect About You
- Newsletters & E-mails to You: At registration and at various times as you use VirtuaBaby.org, you will be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional newsletters via e-mail from Virtua OB and/or directly from third parties. These e-mails will not contain Personal Health Information. When you sign up for our e-mail newsletters or at any time, you can choose to opt-in to receiving additional promotional e-mails from Virtua or our Sponsors. You can unsubscribe from the newsletters by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter. An e-mail to our automated unsubscribe service will be created on your computer. Click the “send” button. You will then be unsubscribed from that newsletter within two to three business days. You may also unsubscribe or change any of your e-mail preferences by clicking on the applicable links in your e-mail newsletter or by changing your profile settings by clicking on any of the view/manage links at the bottom of your Virtua OB Newsletter. If you experience difficulties with our automated unsubscribe service, please e-mail VirtuaBaby@virtua.org.
- E-mail a Friend: If you choose to use our E-mail a Friend service to tell a friend about our Site or newsletter, we will ask you for your name, your e-mail address and your friend’s e-mail address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the Site using your name and e-mail address as the from e-mail address. Virtua OB does not use your name, your e-mail address or your friend’s e-mail information and the information you provide using this service for any other purpose. We will only use the information you provide to send the e-mail you request.
- Message Boards and other Public Forums: As a service to our users, Virtua OB may feature message boards, chat rooms and other public forums where users with similar interests or medical conditions can share information and support one another or where users can post questions for others to answer. We may also offer online discussions moderated by medical or healthcare experts. Any information shared (including Personally Identifiable and Personal Health Information) that you reveal in a chat room, message board, posting or online discussion is by design open to the public and is not a private, secure service. You should think carefully before disclosing any Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information in any public forum. What you have written may be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes. As with any public forum on any Site, this information may also appear in third-party search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN etc.
- Web Site Registration and Interactive Tools on VirtuaBaby: After you have registered as a member of VirtuaBaby, you may choose to use certain interactive content, tools and services that may ask you to voluntarily provide other types of information about yourself including Personal Health Information in accordance with the authorization you provide at the time you use the tool.
- Children’s privacy: We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Disclosure of Your Information
Using Our Site and Tools
VirtuaBaby content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you’ve read on VirtuaBaby. If you think you are experiencing a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.