Welcome to Virtua Marlton
At our Virtua hospital in Marlton, NJ, patients receive personalized, high quality, and technologically advanced healthcare in a deeply caring environment. Through tireless commitment to teamwork and interdisciplinary care, the staff and doctors truly deliver an outstanding experience to patients every day.
Take a Virtual Tour
Virtua Marlton is a 198-bed, regional medical center in South Jersey that offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. Virtua Marlton specializes in advanced surgical procedures, ranging from the common to the most complex, as well as cardiovascular diagnoses and treatments.
The hospital continues to stay on the cutting edge of technology with specialty programs, including surgical spine care, joint replacement surgery and stroke care.
Virtua Marlton Provides...
- Elective and emergency angioplasty procedures
- Acute Vascular Emergency Service to rapidly diagnose and treat vascular emergencies like abdominal aneurysms
- State-of-the-art cardiac catheterization labs for diagnosis and treatment of cardiac disease
- Specialty surgical interventions including vascular, thoracic, colorectal, urologic, neurologic and spine, orthopedic and bariatric
- Sophisticated image-guided, minimally invasive surgery in surgical suites preferred by some of the area's top surgeons
- Radiology services, including 1.5 Telsa MRI and 64-slice CT scan
- Comprehensive pulmonary program including asthma management
- Rapid evaluation and risk assessment by ER clinicians
A Leader in the Field of Surgery
Surgeons at Virtua Marlton provide outstanding patient care using the most sophisticated equipment, technology and surgical techniques. Virtua Marlton's surgical program provides:
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons who perform traditional and minimally invasive procedures
- Vascular, thoracic, colorectal, urologic, neurologic and spine, orthopedic, bariatric and general surgical services
- Joint Commission-accredited programs in spine surgery, stroke and total joint replacement
- All-digital operating rooms
- State-of-the-art surgical suites preferred by some of the area's top surgeons
- Two endoscopic surgical suites dedicated to minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures such as gallbladder removals, hernia repairs, kidney removals and colon resections. The suites are equipped with voice activation, high-definition digital imaging and two-way video linkage
- Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) in the operating rooms that enable radiologic technologists to capture and send digital images to a physician's computer. PACS provides enhanced images that can be distributed and archived. It allows multiple physicians secure access to any image at anytime from anywhere
- Surgical Experience at Virtua Marlton
Excellence in Cardiovascular Care
Virtua Marlton is recognized as a regional destination for cardiovascular services. Virtua Marlton delivers quality cardiovascular care through sophisticated technology, comprehensive programs and the area's top heart and vascular specialists.
The hospital provides life-saving angioplasties to remove clogged arteries and restore blood flow for patients experiencing heart attacks. The New Jersey Commissioner of Health approved Virtua Marlton to participate in a Johns Hopkins demonstration program to perform elective angioplasty. As a participant in the project, Virtua's cardiac team can perform elective (or non-emergent) angioplasties as well as emergency angioplasties.
Virtua Marlton's cardiovascular program provides:
- Board-certified cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, vascular surgeons, specially trained nurses and registered cardiovascular technologists
- State-of-the-art catheterization labs, including an all-digital cardiovascular imaging and an archiving system that provides the clearest visualization of fine vessels, pinpoint diagnostics and precision stent placement. The cath labs offer immediate life-saving capabilities and the ability to treat more cardiovascular conditions
- Primary Stroke Center that is staffed by a trained, multidisciplinary stroke team on call 24 hours a days, seven days a week with services available through the emergency department. The team includes neurologists, emergency room physicians, radiologists and specially trained nurses.
- Interventional radiology labs used to diagnose and treat complex vascular diseases
Front Line of Emergency Care
Our hospital in Marlton, NJ, delivers around-the-clock emergency services for conditions such as heart attacks and strokes to ear infections and minor scrapes and bruises. From quick registration to advanced technology that expedites care, the emergency department clinicians and staff provide efficient and rapid care.
Virtua Marlton's emergency department includes:
- Certified chest pain center specializing in diagnosis and rapid treatment of patients admitted to the ER with heart attack symptoms. The chest pain center also provides the ability to monitor low-risk patients for an extended period of time
- Fast track area that provides prompt treatment for patients with minor illnesses such as ear infections or strep throat or injuries such as cuts and sprains
- Acute care area that provides immediate treatment for patients who may have serious illnesses or injuries that require more diagnostic tests and intensive care
- Patient tracking system, which alerts staff to where patients are in the treatment process. The system also interfaces with the lab and radiology to provide quicker test results.
- Bedside registration, which allows staff to complete patients' charts during treatment and reduce the time it takes to move patients from the waiting room to a treatment room
- Patient care representatives who serve as liaisons between the patients in the waiting room and ER staff. Their role is to update patients about delays, to make sure that they're comfortable and to relay any changes in their condition to the ER staff.
In addition to surgical, cardiovascular and emergency services, Virtua Marlton offers:
- Expanded Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with total-care beds that weigh patients and remember weights from day to day; new patient monitors that allow nurses to perform wireless EKGs; and patient-care modules that replace typical bathroom facilities
- 26-bed, pre-and post-procedural care unit for rehabilitation where Virtua Marlton patients are prepared for and monitored after surgery or cardiac catheterization
- State-of-the-art MRI suite, offering the latest technology that combines fast and accurate diagnoses with high-precision imaging. Services include vascular and cardiac, neurological, spine, orthopedic, prostate, pelvis and abdominal imaging
- Sleep Center that provides medical evaluation and a full range of diagnostic testing, including sleep studies that measure heart rate, brain waves, breathing, eye and muscle movements and oxygen levels
- Welcoming lobby with easy access to pre-admission testing area