Virtua Memorial understands the positive effect visitors have on the emotional, physical and spiritual well-being of its patients.
The hospital offers flexible visiting hours, but also respects each patient's need for privacy and rest.
Although visitors are welcome and encouraged, patient care is the hospital's primary concern. Please follow the guidelines below when visiting patients at Virtua Memorial:
- Please keep noise to a minimum, especially on patient floors.
- Children are allowed to visit, but must be supervised at all times.
- Visitors are limited to 3 per patient in the medical/ surgical units and 2 per patient in the intensive care unit.
- Special accommodations for visiting patients in the Critical Care Unit (CCU) and the Mother and Baby Unit are made on a case-by-case basis as determined by the patient's healthcare provider.
- Visitors must carry a Visitor's Pass with them at all times.
- For the benefit of patients and staff, people should not visit if they have symptoms or signs of a contagious illness.
- Please observe proper hand washing before and after visit.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatment, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Smoking is prohibited at Virtua Memorial.
All visitors are required to wear a visitor's badge which they can pick up at the Welcome Desk located at the main entrance.
||11 am – 8 pm daily|
|Intensive Care and Critical Care Units
||10 am – 7 pm and 8 – 9 pm|
|Mother Baby Unit
||11 am – 1 pm and 4 – 8 pm|
Virtua Memorial offers free parking to patients and visitors.
Smoke free campus
Virtua became one of the first hospital systems in New Jersey to transform itself into a totally tobacco-free environment. As a leader in health care, Virtua aims to provide the healthiest environment for patients, visitors and employees. As a result, no smoking is allowed on the campus of Virtua Memorial or any other Virtua facility.
CafeteriaVirtua Memorial Cafeteria
||6:30 – 9:30 am|
||11 am – 2 pm|
||4 – 7 pm|
|Beverages and snacks:
Ebenezer's Café offer visitors hot and cold meals and is located in the main lobby.
|Monday – Friday:
||8 am – 7:30 pm|
||9 am – 5 pm|
||9 am – 3 pm|
Virtua Memorial has a gift shop for the convenience of its patients and visitors. It offers a wide assortment of get well, congratulations and thinking of you gifts. In addition, visitors can get a quick grab-and-go snack, flowers, greeting cards and other unique gifts. The gift shop will process credit card orders over the phone and staff will gladly deliver gifts to patient rooms.
The gift shop is located on the ground floor in the main lobby.
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday – Friday
||9 am to 7 pm|
|Saturday – Sunday
||11 am to 4 pm|
The following are local places to stay in close proximity to Virtua Memorial:
|Hampton Inn Burlington/Mt. Holly
||2024 Route 541, Westampton, NJ 08060|
|Best Western Burlington Inn
||2020 Route 541, Mt. Holly, NJ 08060|