Welcome to Virtua Voorhees
Providing a welcoming, healing environment, Virtua Voorhees transforms the patient experience and re-defines healthcare in South Jersey. Every aspect of the 368-bed, state-of-the-art hospital is designed with the focus on the comfort and well-being of patients and their families.
Take a Virtual Tour
Virtua Voorhees is a 398-bed, 680,000-square-foot regional medical center that provides specialized, high-level care in a family-centered atmosphere. The full-service, state-of-the-art hospital incorporates advanced technologies and quality clinical services.
Virtua Voorhees provides a warm, welcoming and healing environment while promoting personalized service and enhanced healing through the use of light, space and technology. The hospital’s dedicated clinicians and staff ensure outstanding experiences for patients and their families through advanced medical and surgical expertise, renowned maternity care and many other specialized services and programs.
Virtua Voorhees has an adjacent 300,000-square-foot Health & Wellness Center that is designed to provide a variety of services to help people get healthy and stay well. With both the hospital and the Health & Wellness Center in one location, patients now have easy access to a full-spectrum of healthcare services available at Virtua.
Virtua Voorhees provides...
- Private patient rooms
- Three unique entrances – main, women and children's, and obstetrics
- Two distinct emergency areas – adults and pediatrics
- State-of-the-art operating rooms equipped with today’s most advanced technologies and designed to integrate future technology more easily
- Family-centered labor, delivery and postpartum care
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which includes individual rooms for newborns
- Marvin Samson Foundation Pediatrics and Pediatric ICU (PICU) led by a team of board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric physicians
- Pediatric inpatient and emergency care from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) employed physicians
- Fellowship-trained surgeons who perform more than 10,000 surgeries including routine and advanced procedures
- Specialized stroke care through Primary Stroke Center
Designed to Heal
Every aspect of the hospital – which opened May 2011 – was designed with a focus on the comfort and well-being of patients and their families. The healing environment extends beyond advanced technology and exceptional clinical staff by incorporating the use of natural light, healing gardens, walking paths and meditation spaces. Natural light and views of nature enhance the healing process at Virtua Voorhees. Light pours in through dramatic skylights, and rooftop gardens bring nature within reach.
Every patient room is private, providing personal space for optimum healing. Patient rooms are furnished to accommodate family and encourage them to be involved in the care of their loved ones. Patient rooms also feature:
- Wall-to-wall windows with sweeping views of the natural landscape
- Flat screen TVs with access to entertainment and the internet
- Individual room temperature controls
- Comfortable sleep sofas for visitors
It is a novel design for healing that enhances the way health care is delivered by putting the patient at the center of every experience.
Recognized for Maternity Care
More than 5,600 babies a year are delivered at Virtua Voorhees—more than any other hospital in the region. New moms have the assurance of knowing their care is in the hands of the area's most experienced staff of maternity specialists.
The maternity center at Virtua Voorhees offers comprehensive and sophisticated care from advanced antenatal testing and prenatal support through labor and delivery. The maternity center also provides:
- Family centered labor, delivery and postpartum care
- 24/7 availability of anesthesiologists, obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists, maternal/newborn nurses and other special delivery team members
- In-house lactation consultation from mother-baby nurses
- One specially trained nurse assigned to care for all mother and baby needs
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Virtua Voorhees’ McNabb Family NICU features private rooms for high-risk babies. The rooms enable more space for families and equipment, and provide a better healing environment by decreasing stress for newborns. The NICU also includes state-of-the-art equipment and specially trained nurses and physicians to meet the needs of infants born prematurely or with special medical conditions
For pregnant mothers who are high risk, Virtua Voorhees provides a maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) team regarded for its renowned MFM specialists, highly qualified nurses and staff, advanced technology and compassionate care for families.
Virtua Voorhees has also been designated a Regional Perinatal Center by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. Pregnant women who are at risk for early delivery from hospitals throughout South Jersey can be transported to Virtua Voorhees to receive the highest level of neonatal and perinatal care.
For more information about having your baby delivered at Virtua Voorhees Hospital, please e-mail email@example.com.
If you are interested in registering for a maternity tour, you may register online or by calling 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823).
Quality Surgical and Medical Care
Virtua Voorhees offers patients a variety of medical-surgical options and procedures. Fellowship-trained surgeons perform more than 10,000 surgeries a year and excel at surgical procedures from complex, minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures to hernia repairs.
Virtua Voorhees has eight operating suites equipped with state of the art technologies for simple to complex surgeries. These enable Virtua to use less invasive treatments, thereby shortening recovery times so that patients are able to return to normal life much more quickly than in the past. The hospital is even built to incorporate emerging technology of the future.
In total, the hospital enables Virtua to practice medicine with an assurance of the highest level of quality, safety, efficiency and comfort for the patient.
In addition, Virtua Voorhees offers:
- The area's most respected surgeons who perform advanced procedures
- Specialized stroke care through NJ Department of Health designated Primary Stroke Center. From diagnosis and emergency treatment to rehabilitation, the Primary Stroke Center meets the acute and longer-term needs of stroke patients
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) equipped with advanced cardiac monitoring equipment and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) areas
- A dedicated Women and Children’s Pavilion that includes a state-of-the-art inpatient pediatric unit, pediatric intensive care unit, pediatric emergency services, pediatric and teen play rooms, pediatric garden and play area, and a family lounge
Emergency Services for Adults and Children
Virtua Voorhees has two distinct emergency areas – one for adults and one for pediatrics.
The emergency department at Virtua Voorhees streamlines care by dividing the emergency room into fast track and acute care areas:
- The fast track provides prompt treatment for patients with minor illnesses such as ear infections or strep throat or injuries such as cuts and sprains
- The acute care area provides immediate treatment for patients who may have chest pain or other serious illnesses or injuries that require more diagnostic tests and intensive care
Through a strategic partnership with CHOP, Virtua Voorhees provides world-class pediatric care by CHOP-employed physicians. Virtua’s alliance with CHOP ensures that South Jersey children and their families are served by highly skilled physicians, have access to the most advanced technology, and are treated in a compassionate and caring environment by people who are dedicated to the highest clinical quality and safety.
The hospital treats nearly 15,000 children for emergencies every year in a comforting, family friendly environment with unrivalled expertise.
The children’s emergency unit is:
- Dedicated exclusively to children
- Staffed 100% by CHOP-employed physicans and pediatric nurses with specialized training in pediatric emergency care
- Open 24 hours, seven days a week