Andrew Schwartz, MD, is board-certified in both internal medicine and infectious diseases. He has been on the faculty of the medical schools of University of Maryland, State University of New York (SUNY), and Hahnemann Medical College, Philadelphia. He has been devoted to caring for his patients for 40 years within Virtua.
Kathleen McDonald, MSN, APN, is a board certified nurse practitioner in adult health, gerontology, advanced diabetes management (BC-ADM-Diabetes Nurse Practitioner) and additionally board certified as a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) since 1986. McDonald is the first licensed nurse practitioner in the state of New Jersey with 28 years of current active practice as a nurse practitioner and 40 years collective active experience as a registered professional nurse (RN) and Nurse Practitioner (APN) in the state of New Jersey within Virtua.
Dr. Schwartz and McDonald provide comprehensive and evidence-based medical and nursing management to patients/residents in nursing homes, assisted living and over-55 independent living sites, and acute and sub-acute rehabilitation centers.
They provide specialty consultations in infectious disease and diabetes education/management to affiliated organizations, including:
- Alaris Cherry Hill
- Brookdale Marlton Crossing
- Care One at Evesham
- Brightview Senior Living Greentree
- Genesis Voorhees Senior Care
- Brandywine Senior Living Voorhees
- Marlton Rehabilitation Hospital
- Management of infectious diseases
- Management of chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, metabolic syndrome, hypertension, high cholesterol
- Individual/small group diabetes self-management education by a certified diabetes educator