Virtua provides quick, convenient outpatient lab testing through multiple locations in South Jersey. Virtua outpatient labs in Camden, Gloucester and Burlington counties are staffed by phlebotomists who are specially trained to collect blood samples. Virtua's highly experienced team of technical staff analyze tests and report results to physicians in a timely and efficient manner. Physicians are able to provide the results to their patients with confidence.
The labs provide services, both routine and specialized, to the public and to long term and specialty care facilities. When possible, Virtua labs electronically send test results to the ordering physician on the same day as the patient's visit.
Blood tests are commonly used to diagnose the following disorders:
- Metabolic disorders such as diabetes
- Allergy testing
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Tumor pathology
The benefits of having outpatient lab testing performed at Virtua include:
- No appointment is necessary when having routine laboratory specimens collected. For your convenience, please call to schedule glucose tolerance and lactose tolerance tests.
- Most major insurances are accepted.
Information for your next lab visit:
- All test requests must be accompanied by a physician's order.
- Some tests require that you fast for 12 hours prior to specimen collection. Please follow your physician's instructions. Remember, water is always OK.
- We will ask you for insurance and billing information on your first visit.
For more information on specific lab tests, visit www.labtestsonline.org.