The practitioners of Virtua Internal Medicine – Cherry Hill are a dynamic, collaborative physician/nurse practitioner team who specialize in gerontology, infectious disease, and the management of diabetes and other chronic diseases.
Lead physician Dr. Andrew Schwartz is board-certified in both internal medicine and infectious diseases. He has been on the faculty of the medical schools of University of Maryland and SUNY and was most recently professor of internal medicine and microbiology at Hahnemann Medical College in Philadelphia.
Kathleen McDonald is a certified diabetes educator and is also certified in gerontology and advanced diabetes management. She was the first licensed nurse practitioner in the state of New Jersey.
Both see patients in their office, and also provide extensive on-site care to patients in nursing homes, assisted living and over-55 independent living sites, and acute and sub-acute rehabilitation centers. They provide comprehensive care for adults age 18 and older.
The outstanding care at Virtua Internal Medicine in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, is supported with flexible and accommodating scheduling and prompt reporting of test results. Same-day appointments are available in most cases for acute illness.
- Management of infectious diseases
- Management of chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, metabolic syndrome, hypertension, high cholesterol
- Diagnostic testing, including EKG
- Preventive health care screening and counseling
- Referrals to specialists when needed and continued coordination of care
- Individual/small group diabetes self-management education by a certified diabetes educator
Andrew R. Schwartz, MD
Kathleen McDonald, MSN, APRN, BC-ADM, CDE