Virtua Marlton Hospitalists provide round-the-clock medical care for patients while they are admitted in Virtua Marlton hospital. Board certified in internal medicine, hospitalist physicians work exclusively in the hospital setting, acting as medical case managers to ensure that all patient needs are met during a hospital stay. Additionally, hospitalists provide an important link to patients’ primary care or admitting physicians, supporting continuity of care when a patient is released from the hospital.
- In-hospital patient care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Communication with patients and their families regarding diagnosis, treatment or any other concerns during hospitalization
- Communication with each patient’s primary care physician
- Complete summarization of patients’ hospital treatment for a seamless transition of care upon release from the hospital
- Collaboration with any specialty physicians who may be treating a patient during a hospital stay