Summit Surgical Center is a licensed freestanding ambulatory (same-day) surgical center on the campus of Virtua Voorhees. Summit's clinicians and staff are committed to providing the highest quality of surgical care to patients of all ages - from newborns to seniors. The facility includes:
- 7 operating rooms
- 2 endoscopy suites
- 1 stereotactic room
- A dedicated pediatric anesthesia team
- Free internet access for guests
- Free parking for patients and guests
All staff members providing patient care possess basic life support certification, and recovery room nurses maintain advanced cardiac life support certification.
Serving the community since 1985, Summit is:
- A surgical center of choice for pediatric procedures, caring for more than 3,000 children per year
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare (AAAHC)
- Licensed as a freestanding ambulatory surgical center by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services
- The center of choice for many physicians who perform sports medicine procedures such as anterior crucial ligament (ACL) and shoulder repairs.
Summit Surgical Center is a joint venture between Virtua and Virtua's physician partners.
Featured Services and Procedures
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Laparoscopic gallbladder removal
- Pain management procedures
- Stereotactic breast biopsies – more than 500 performed annually
- Sports medicine procedures
- Pediatric procedures (urologic, ENT, GI, orthopedic and general surgery)
- Pediatric urology
To arrange an appointment or for more information, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823) or visit www.summitsurgicalcenter.net.