Click to view larger image
Virtua offers advanced diagnostic radiology/imaging services that combine state-of-the-art technology with highly skilled, board-certified radiologists. Many Virtua radiologists have completed additional fellowship training in specialty areas including the head and body, interventional radiology and MRI. They also are supported by board-registered technologists.
Utilizing the latest technology, Virtua provides uncompromised image quality with the lowest radiation dose possible. Studies are tailored to each individual ensuring minimum radiation dose, which is especially important when treating children.
Listen to Virtua's latest radio commercial about low-dose imaging for adults and children.
Virtua’s Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging in partnership with CHOP is an outpatient center for children located at Virtua’s Health and Wellness Center in Voorhees. Virtua's Pediatric Imaging Center in partnership with CHOP is the only facility in southern New Jersey that offers pediatric sedated imaging that is supported by CHOP physicians.
The following are some of the latest imaging technology resources that Virtua radiologists use to provide patients with the highest quality care:
- Computed Tomography (CT scan): Computer-assisted imaging technique that produces cross-sectional images of the body. Virtua has one of the most advanced medical imaging tools, a 64-slice CT scanner, which quickly provides precise views of any rapidly moving region of the body including the heart.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Medical test that uses magnetic and radio waves instead of radiation to provide 3-D images of internal organs and tissues.
- Positron-Emission Tomography (PET): Diagnostic exam that tracks radioactive glucose injected into patients. PET scans are most often used to detect cancer and to examine the effects of cancer therapy, but they also check blood flow and view organs.
- Ultrasound Imaging: An imaging technique that uses high-frequency sound waves instead of radiation to view internal organs.
- Digital mammogram: A more accurate diagnostic tool than conventional mammography. Equipped with a digital receptor and a computer instead of film, digital mammography enables radiologists to interpret images of dense tissue more accurately and efficiently.
Virtua offers patients convenience and fast results through:
- Two outpatient centers for radiology services located in Voorhees and Camden
- Four hospital locations for 24/7 radiology services
- Virtua's picture archiving and communication system (PACS) that enables Virtua's team of doctors and radiologists to view images and discuss a diagnosis even if they are miles apart. This system provides them with secured access to thousands of images via an Internet connection. In less than a minute, doctors have the photographic evidence they need to make an accurate or even life-saving diagnosis.