A gift has the power to change lives
Throughout the year, many have given generously to Virtua Foundation in support of families across South Jersey who depend on us for care and comfort, and health and wellness. As a non-profit organization, Virtua relies on these gifts, large and small. They are vital to our mission and ensure our ability to provide exceptional healthcare for families in this community.
Virtua Foundation wants you to know that gifts have the power to change lives. For example:
- Gifts from guests at the 2012 Virtua Gala combined to raise $520,000 for Virtua Foundation’s Patient Care Fund. Those gifts will help more than 1,700 patients.
- Gifts to Virtua Foundation’s Breast Health Comfort Fund in 2012 allowed us to provide:
- 121 breast cancer patients with scarves and wigs
- 14 patients with genetic counseling
- 4 patients with transportation to and from treatment
Together, golfers and sponsors of the 2012 Dr. Wm. V. McDonnell Golf Classic raised $90,000. Those gifts will provide 850 patients with home monitoring hypertension equipment.
- Runners in the 2012 Liberty Property Trust 5K raised $17,000. Those gifts will help more than 60 patients receive early detection cancer screenings.
- More than 1,250 people have made gifts, ranging from $5 to $9,999, to our Annual Fund. These unrestricted gifts will support programs and services across Virtua’s continuum of care that will help an immeasurable number of patients.
If you have given to Virtua Foundation this year, we thank you. Please know that your gift is making a difference.
If you would like to join us in supporting the life-saving services Virtua provides, please consider making a gift to Virtua Foundation as the year closes by visiting us online at foundation.virtua.org.
About Virtua Foundation
Virtua Foundation serves to enhance Virtua’s mission through the development of philanthropic resources. Contributions to the Foundation help to purchase leading-edge medical technology, modernize and expand hospital facilities, and support educational programs that serve our patients and our community. Virtua Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law. For more information, visit our website at http://foundation.virtua.org or call (856) 355-0830.
As one of New Jersey’s largest health systems, Virtua helps people be well, get well and stay well through a comprehensive range of health care services. Services are delivered through three health and wellness centers, three fitness centers, four acute care hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices with more than 240 physicians, urgent care centers, seven ambulatory surgery centers, home health services, two long-term care and rehabilitation centers, 12 paramedic units and a wide range of outpatient services. A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers more than 8,000 babies a year. Virtua also provides employment and wellness services to 1,700 businesses and corporations. An innovator in clinical and information technology such as electronic medical records, Virtua is recognized for its ground-breaking partnerships with GE Healthcare
, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
and the Fox Chase Cancer Center
. It is the official orthopedic provider for the Philadelphia Flyers
. Virtua employs more than 8,400 people and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley for seven consecutive years. It is the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation. For more information, visit www.virtua.org