Virtua hosts Camden Community Day on Sept. 18
On Saturday, September 18, Virtua Camden will host Camden Community Day from 11 am to 2 pm at the Kyle Will Community Health Center's parking lot, located at 1000 Atlantic Avenue in Camden. The event is free and open to the community.
Virtua Camden Community Day gives community members access to free health screenings, health information and community resources. But that's not all; it's also a fun and family-friendly day complete with entertainment, refreshments and activities for kids.
The rain date is September 26.
For the kids:
- Participate in the Philadelphia Flyers’ inflatable hockey game.
- Receive give-a-ways from the Philadelphia 76ers and others.
- Watch slam dunk contest sponsored by Virtua’s Sports Medicine Program.
- Meet “Finley,” the Camden Riversharks mascot.
- Participate in a Teddy Bear Clinic.
- Enjoy the free moon bounce, face painting and pony rides.
For the whole family:
- Receive free health screenings provided by Virtua Camden.
- Learn about Virtua services provided at the Virtua Camden campus and in the
City of Camden.
- Talk to local organizations that serve Camden County.
For more information, call 1-888-Virtua-3 (1-888-847-8823).
As one of New Jersey’s largest health systems, Virtua helps people be well, get well and stay well through a comprehensive range of health care services. Services are delivered through three health and wellness centers, three fitness centers, three acute care hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices with more than 240 physicians, urgent care centers, seven ambulatory surgery centers, home health services, two long-term care and rehabilitation centers, 12 paramedic units and a wide range of outpatient services. A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers more than 8,000 babies a year. Virtua also provides employment and wellness services to 1,700 businesses and corporations. An innovator in clinical and information technology such as electronic medical records, Virtua is recognized for its ground-breaking partnerships with GE Healthcare
, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
and the Fox Chase Cancer Center
. Virtua employs more than 8,400 people and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation. For more information, visit www.virtua.org