Virtua launches innovative website for women
Today’s typical woman is juggling work, home and family - often two generations at a time. Taking care of her own needs is often delayed or not addressed at all.
Virtua comes to the rescue with an innovative new health, wellness and lifestyle website that makes it easier to manage health matters, communicate with other women, find resources and earn rewards for products and services at the same time.
VirtuaWoman.org has unique features that have not yet been found in one place.
- Personal Health Navigators to help find a doctor, schedule a class, or receive guidance through the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Personal Health Record, a secure online data repository for medications, treatments, appointments that resides in Microsoft HealthVault and can only be accessed by the account creator or someone they might designate such as their spouse.
- Communities where women can communicate on topics such as parenting, maternity, menopause, fitness, beauty, care-giving and a host of other topics.
- A Rewards Program that provides coupons and discounts at local and national retailers.
- Columns and blogs written by women on a wide range of interesting topics.
- Health and wellness information in an extensive library that busy women can use at the push of a key.
- Shopping opportunities for health and wellness products, and services such as spa offerings at vir tu or bio-identical hormone treatments.
“I challenged my team to develop a method to help women manage their health as well as those of their family,” says Virtua President and CEO Richard P. Miller. “I have watched women---employees, family and friends---struggle to cope with the enormous responsibilities of work and family. Many completely forget about themselves. I knew there had to be a better way.”
VirtuaWoman.org is unique in that it combines health and wellness information with access to a wide range of services. “We believe this website is the first of its kind,” said Miller.
“We recognize that women are struggling as they build careers, care for their families, and manage the household’” says Ninfa Saunders, Virtua’s Executive Vice President for Health Services. “When do they find time to schedule their own mammogram or exercise, while transporting kids to their activities and parents to their doctor’s appointments?”
Become a member at www.virtuawoman.org Join the conversation, learn how to improve your health and the health of those around you, shop for products and learn something new to make your life easier.
The benefits are endless!
As one of New Jersey’s largest health systems, Virtua helps people be well, get well and stay well through a comprehensive range of health care services. Services are delivered through three health and wellness centers, three fitness centers, four acute care hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices with more than 240 physicians, urgent care centers, seven ambulatory surgery centers, home health services, two long-term care and rehabilitation centers, 12 paramedic units and a wide range of outpatient services. A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers more than 8,000 babies a year. Virtua also provides employment and wellness services to 1,700 businesses and corporations. An innovator in clinical and information technology such as electronic medical records, Virtua is recognized for its ground-breaking partnerships with GE Healthcare
, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
and the Fox Chase Cancer Center
. It is the official orthopedic provider for the Philadelphia Flyers
. Virtua employs more than 8,400 people and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley for seven consecutive years. It is the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation. For more information, visit www.virtua.org