Hereditary breast cancer: Are you at risk?
Are you at risk for hereditary breast cancer?
Do you or has someone in your primary family had
- Breast cancer that occurred before the age of 40?
- Breast cancer in both breasts?
- Male breast cancer
- Breast cancer in two different generations, such as a mother and daughter
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you may carry a genetic mutation for hereditary breast cancer?
But remember: Cancer in your DNA doesn't mean cancer in your future. The Fox Chase Virtua Health Cancer Genetic Program team approach offers:
- Certified genetic counselors, medical oncologists, surgeons
- Education, counseling, genetic testing
- Cancer risk prevention strategies: surgical, chemoprevention, monitoring
- Clinical trials through the Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Partnership with the Fox Chase Virtua Health Cancer Program which treats more cancer patients than anyone else in South Jersey
To set up an appointment with the Fox Chase Virtua Health Cancer Genetic Program, ask your physician for a referral or call 1-888-Virtua-3.