A whole new design for healing
There are many keys to healing within the walls of a hospital: from doctors and nurses to advanced technology and miracle drugs.
But what if the hospital itself could be a force for healing? A place whose very design helps people get better sooner and more efficiently than ever before?
Virtua’s new hospital in Voorhees was built to accomplish this goal. For the past nine years, Virtua has worked with some of the nation’s most innovative healthcare planners and architects, futurists and technologists, as well as with its own doctors, nurses, patients and employees.
The result is a healthcare campus of the future – centered around a 368-bed, 680,000 square-foot hospital that will transform health care and the patient experience in South Jersey and the region.
Innovation throughout to help healing
- Every room is private with an expansive view.
- Patient rooms feature a family area that includes amenities such as a sleep sofa where a family member can spend the night.
- Each room features a private bath with space for personal items.
- In addition to the main entrance, there is a unique entrance for women and children’s inpatient services. A third entrance is dedicated to obstetric’s patients.
- There are two separate emergency entrances: adult and pediatric.
- Eight operating suites are equipped with st ate-of-the-art technologies for simple to complex surgeries.
- Patient rooms are equipped with technology that provides access to Internet, movies, TV and health education programs.
- The hospital provides a healing environment including natural light, healing gardens, walking paths and meditation spaces.
View Campus Guide for the new hospital.