This section provides a general overview of what to expect when preparing for your appointment at Virtua.
Please check with your insurance company to see if you are covered for services at Virtua. Please be prepared to pay any deductible and/or co-pay identified by your insurance plan when you visit Virtua for your appointment.
It is important that you bring everything necessary for your appointment. Every patient must bring:
- Photo ID, such as a driver's license
- Social Security number
The following items may be necessary to bring, depending on your individual situation:
- Insurance, Medicare or Medicaid card
- Your employer's name, address, and phone number (if you have employer-provided insurance)
- Your spouse’s employer name, address and phone number (if you have insurance through your spouse’s employer)
- Cash, check or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) to pay for co-pays and deductibles
- Health Plan Referral Authorization (if required by your health insurance carrier)
- A list of the current medications you take and the dosage
Accepted Insurance Providers
Just as each individual is different, so too are the vast number of healthcare plans. While not exclusive, Virtua's list of managed care plans should give you some idea of the wide range of HMOs, PPOs, and other healthcare plans with whom Virtua contracts.