The Graduate Medical Education department is responsible for administrative functions for our residents, medical students and physician assistance. "Virtua is committed to providing and maintaining a warm, welcoming healing environment while promoting personalized service and enhanced healing." Our education programs are here to help develop and train leaders in medicine. The goal is to produce skilled practitioners who can compete in the demanding healthcare field. Residents will receive a well-balanced knowledge base upon which to build. Virtua's residency programs are dedicated to provide rewarding experiences.
Learn more about the following residency programs at Virtua:
Requirements for All Outside Rotating
Residents * Students * Physician Assistants
- Affiliation Agreement with Organization
- Copy of Permit or License (Not required for students)
- Copy of Malpractice Insurance
- Immunization Record – Proof of PPD & Flu Shot (within the past year) Hepatitis B Immunization and Rubella Titers as per OSHA Guidelines
- Proof of Criminal Background Check – NJ License or Permit is sufficient proof that background check has been completed.
- Residents and Physician Assistants must provide NPI Number
- Students, Residents and Physician Assistants must sign Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Needlestick and Splash online manual. Once completed a confirmation will be automatically sent to the Virtua GME Office.
All rotation requests are required to provide a list of names and rotation dates at least one month prior to the start of the rotation. Annual lists are preferred. GME Office must be notified immediately should a schedule be changed.
New rotations must be approved by the Director of Graduate Medical Education.
Should a student/resident/physician assistant not have the required paperwork on their start date they will be required to leave the rotation.
If you should require further assistance or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Barbara Thompson at 856-325-3718.
Office of Graduate Medical Education personnel
Dr. Mary Campagnolo
Medical Director of Graduate Medical Education
2225 Evesham Road, Suite 101, Voorhees, NJ 08043, 856-795-7075