Female Pelvic Medicine: Regain Control, Ease Pain
No matter your age, you may face incontinence, pain during intercourse or age or pregnancy-related changes in your pelvic organs. The good news: You’re not alone. Pelvic floor disorders affect almost half of all women during their lives. These conditions shouldn’t be considered a normal part of aging or something you should “put up with.” It’s better to have your initial symptoms checked out sooner rather than later: Left untreated, symptoms can worsen.
We offer diagnostic and comprehensive treatment for pelvic floor disorders including:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Stress and urge urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Sexual dysfunction
- Congenital abnormalities in pelvic anatomy
Our multi-disciplinary Female Pelvic Medicine team is experienced in helping women improve pelvic health, and return to optimal function, comfort and normal activity. Virtua’s comprehensive solutions for female pelvic conditions include:
- Multi-channel urodynamic studies
- Flexible cystoscopy for patient comfort
- Physical therapy
- Minimally invasive procedures, including suspensions for prolapse and incontinence
- Complex procedures for a range of pelvic fistula repairs
- Nerve stimulator for urge incontinence
Most conditions are highly treatable with therapies that may eliminate both discomfort and inconvenience.