When children need emergency care, naturally, their parents head to the nearest emergency room. It's important that parents arrive armed with information about their children's medical history, medications and allergies. Depending on the severity of the emergency, children will be examined, treated and discharged or admitted to the hospital.
All four Virtua hospitals provide emergency care to children.
When children arrive at the emergency department at Virtua Memorial or Virtua Voorhees hospitals, they will be examined by CHOP at Virtua physicians. Virtua's partnership with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia enables CHOP-employed physicians to care for pediatric emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Children's Emergency Department at Virtua Voorhees and the Virtua Memorial Pediatric Pavilion provide:
- Separate child-only emergency care
- Child-friendly rooms
- Family-friendly waiting rooms
- Pediatric life support certified nurses
Learn more about emergency services for kids at Virtua Voorhees and Virtua Memorial.
- Specialized emergency care for children and adolescents
- Board-certified pediatricians trained in emergency medicine
- Pediatric nurses
- Child life specialists to help children and families manage illnesses
- CPR training for parents