At Virtua, we understand that people shine their brightest when they have clear direction and common goals. Launched in 2000, our STAR Initiative provides our employees with a tried and true blueprint for ensuring quality care and achieving patient satisfaction. It also provides a solid foundation for our culture, so our team members know exactly what’s expected of them and can set appropriate milestones throughout their development. In short, our STAR Initiative works.
Our employees are committed to the following five STAR points.
- Best People – Hire, develop and retain the best people.
- Caring Culture – Work to understand the patient's (as well as the internal customer's) needs and expectations, and develop a process to help employees recognize that the patient is everyone's customer and that every employee at Virtua exists to serve and support them.
- Excellent Service – Consistent behaviors and a code of conduct lead to outstanding performance that every Virtua employee can be proud of delivering.
- Highest Clinical Quality and Safety – Integrated support functions bring experts together in interdisciplinary work that benefits patients.
- Resource Stewardship – All Virtua employees understand the value of preserving and allocating resources wisely and for optimal patient benefit.
With such smart and inspired guidance, imagine the growth you’ll experience and the patients and families you’ll heal.