Sleep disturbances in children and toddlers are common. However, when left unchecked, they can lead to serious health and behavioral issues. Staying healthy requires children to have the right amount of high-quality sleep for their age.
In partnership with Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Virtua offers a pediatric sleep lab at the Health & Wellness Center on the Virtua Voorhees Hospital Campus (200 Bowman Drive, Suite E-255). The sleep lab features comfortable rooms with a private bath and shower, and amenities like a TV, DVD and kitchen area for the child and parent to stay overnight.
Through this partnership, physicians can diagnose and care for children with any type of sleep disorder including:
- Sleep-disordered breathing
- Apnea of infancy
- Behavioral problems (bedtime struggles, night wakings)
- Parasomnias (sleep walking, sleep terrors)
- Circadian rhythm disorders (delayed sleep phase syndrome)
- Movement disorders (periodic limb movement disorder, head banging)
Read more about preparing for your child’s sleep study.
For information or to make a pediatric appointment, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 between 8 am and 7 pm.