Whether a person suffers an injury in a championship tournament, a weekend golf game or raking leaves, sports medicine experts are the best medical professionals to assess and treat motion-related injuries to the muscles and/or bones.
Meet the Sports Medicine team
Virtua’s multi-disciplinary Sports Medicine Team is experienced in helping athletes return to play as quickly as possible. The team includes:
- Non-surgical physician fellowship trained in sports medicine
- Orthopedic surgeons fellowship trained in sports medicine
- Neurologists and Certified ImPACT Consultant
- Physical therapists
- Certified fitness specialists
- Registered dietitians
- Certified Athletic Trainers
Learn more about Virtua’s Sports Medicine Physicians.
The Virtua Sports Medicine offers a full continuum of services
Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Sports physicals and “well visits”
- Treatment for a wide range of conditions including:
- Repetitive stress injury
- Concussion-related injury
- Female athlete-triad (eating disorders, amenorrhea, osteoporosis)
Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Surgical consultations within 48 hours by board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeon
- Arthroscopic treatment with smaller incisions for faster recovery
- Outpatient surgery in state-of-the-art surgery centers
- Expertise in injuries affecting the muscles, bones, joints and ligaments, especially:
- Comprehensive concussion management by Certified ImPACT Consultant and board-certified neurologist
- ImPACT baseline testing for individuals and teams
- Post-injury consultation within 48 hours
- Physical therapy for “return to play” progression
- Recipient of the Philadelphia Soul's 2014 "Soulie Award," which recognized Virtua's concussion management program as the “Best Community Outreach Program.”
Learn more about Virtua’s Concussion Management Program.
- Experienced sports therapists fully accredited in their specialties
- State-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment
- Multiple locations across South Jersey
Learn more about Virtua in Motion Physical Therapy.
Sports Performance Training
- Speed, strength, agility, flexibility, balance and reaction-time training
- Sports nutrition counseling
- Certified fitness specialists for teams, groups and individuals
Learn more about Virtua’s Center for Athletic Performance.
Centers for HealthFitness
Virtua’s state-of-the-art fitness centers are medically-based, world-class facilities that include indoor tracks, 25-meter pools, certified fitness specialists and aquatic therapy. Learn more.