For new, soon-to-be parents, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by questions about what to expect during pregnancy, at birth and during the first year. Many new parents find that birthing classes help ease their concerns and answer many questions.
Virtua offers many childbirth and maternity courses for families expecting a baby. These classes cover:
- Preparation for childbirth (including one-day classes and an online class)
- Newborn care
- Breathing and relaxation during labor
- CPR and basic first aid for families
- Pre- and post-natal fitness classes
- Happiest Baby on the Block (for learning to soothe fussy newborns)
Couples may also choose from a variety of discounted childbirth education packages to suit their own individual needs.
In addition to these courses, Virtua also offers these support groups for families:
- Postpartum depression
- Pregnancy loss
For more information or a free hospital tour, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823).