When you come to Virtua to deliver your baby, we will strive to provide an outstanding experience for you and your family. We devote ourselves to providing you the highest level of clinical care and excellent service in a caring culture. Everything we do is guided by the following practices.
We ensure that:
- Every family is uniquely defined, accepted and respected for its differences.
- Care is provided in a nurturing and comforting environment.
- Patients, families and all members of the Virtua community are treated with dignity and respect.
- Communication is compassionate, caring and respectful.
- Care is provided in close and flexible partnerships with families.
- Empowerment is achieved by sharing complete and accurate information and education with families based on their individual needs.
In our mother-baby unit, you’ll be able to spend as much time as you want bonding with your baby. We encourage you to keep your baby with you in your room. In addition, one nurse will take care of you and your little one, which streamlines communication and care.
Virtua provides family-centered maternity care because:
- You can't miss one special moment with your baby.
- It promotes family bonding.
- Studies show a baby in a mother's room cries less, is seldom startled, and stays warm and stable.
- Feeding is more convenient, and it increases the likelihood of successful breastfeeding.
VirtuaBaby content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you’ve read on VirtuaBaby. If you think you are experiencing a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.