Virtua Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists in South Jersey provide the highest level of care available to women with high-risk pregnancies.
Factors for high risk pregnancies include:
- Chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes
- Family history
- Pregnancies with multiples such as twins or triplets
- History of miscarriage or pre-term labor.
In such cases, Virtua's nationally recognized maternal-fetal medicine physicians, or perinatologists, partner with obstetricians to ensure the best possible chances for healthy, successful pregnancies. With their advanced training and technology, maternal-fetal medicine experts assess fetal health and provide families with seamless care, monitoring health, creating newborn treatment plan, expected prognosis, and social and psychological support.
Virtua's maternal-fetal medicine program was named a "Center of Excellence" by Philadelphia Magazine.
The program was awarded a two-year accreditation in the area of "obstetric ultrasound" from the Ultrasound Practice Accreditation Council. The award is presented to practices which meet rigorous voluntary guidelines set by the diagnostic ultrasound profession.
Virtua Voorhees was designated a Regional Perinatal Center by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
Featured Services and Procedures
Virtua's Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists' antenatal testing unit offers state-of-the-art technology and testing capabilities including:
- Genetic testing
- Primary and high-resolution ultrasound
- First trimester screening
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Ongoing monitoring and echocardiography
- Registered nurses who also registered diagnostic medical sonographers
Additional services include:
- Genetic counseling
- Social and psychological support
- Coordination of care with pediatric specialists