Virtua Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists in South Jersey provide the highest level of care available to women with high-risk pregnancies.
Factors for high risk pregnancies include:
- Chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes
- Family history
- Pregnancies with multiples such as twins or triplets
- History of miscarriage or pre-term labor.
In such cases, Virtua's nationally recognized maternal-fetal medicine physicians, or perinatologists, partner with obstetricians to ensure the best possible chances for healthy, successful pregnancies. With their advanced training and technology, maternal-fetal medicine experts assess fetal health and provide families with seamless care, monitoring health, creating newborn treatment plan, expected prognosis, and social and psychological support.
Virtua's maternal-fetal medicine program was named a "Center of Excellence" by Philadelphia Magazine.
Virtua Voorhees was designated a Regional Perinatal Center by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
Featured Services and Procedures
Virtua's Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists' antenatal testing unit offers state-of-the-art technology and testing capabilities including:
- Genetic testing
- Primary and high-resolution ultrasound
- First trimester screening
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Ongoing monitoring and echocardiography
- Registered nurses who also registered diagnostic medical sonographers
Additional services include:
- Genetic counseling
- Social and psychological support
- Coordination of care with pediatric specialists