If you need a partner who will help you get well and stay well, look no further. Our primary care providers (PCPs) are here for you whenever you need medical care, advice, or support.
Our Approach to Primary Care
At Virtua, our family medicine and internal medicine providers take the doctor-patient relationship to a whole new level. That’s because:
- We listen: We make sure we understand your concerns. And we consider your goals and preferences when making treatment recommendations.
- We get to know you: We want to know about your job, family, and hobbies, because they play a role in your health and wellness.
- We won’t rush you: We’ve extended our appointment times from 15 to 20 minutes for routine visits, and from 30 to 40 minutes for complex concerns. This gives us extra time to discuss your needs and next steps.
- We focus on prevention: In addition to preventive screenings, we provide healthy living advice to keep you healthy.
Your PCP can take care of (or coordinate):
- Annual check-ups
- Preventive health screenings such as mammograms, colonoscopies, lung cancer screenings, and prostate cancer screenings
- Routine sick care
- Chronic disease management for diabetes, asthma, and other conditions
- Behavioral health care for anxiety and depression
Coordinated specialty care
If you need more complex care for a condition, we’ll connect you to the right specialist. But we won’t just hand you off.
We’ll communicate with your specialist about your symptoms, condition, or treatments. And, when appropriate, we’ll co-manage your care.
Virtua Primary Care Locations
With more than 25 primary care offices in neighborhoods throughout South Jersey, it’s easy to find a PCP near you.
The Virtua Difference for Primary Care
- Convenient care options: Most of our primary care providers offer virtual (telehealth) appointments, allowing you to get care from the comfort of home. And if you need non-emergency care after normal business hours, we offer that, too. You can seek in-person or telehealth care from one of our urgent care centers.
- We meet you where you are: In addition to telehealth, we also have a dedicated virtual primary care practice. With this convenient option, your appointments will be mostly online. But you’ll see the same provider each time, allowing you to develop that long-term relationship with a PCP.
- Care for our LGBTQ+ community: The Virtua Pride Primary Care office in Marlton offers primary care services in an inclusive, welcoming environment. This includes medical care, counseling, and support services tailored to our LGBTQ+ patients, family members, and allies ages 7 and older. For example, we provide HIV prevention and management and the monkeypox vaccine. We also guide discussions on gender-affirming care and treatment options.
- Services provided for women, by women: Our Virtua Women’s Primary Care clinic in Moorestown caters exclusively to women 13 and older. Our female PCPs specialize in caring for women through puberty, pregnancy, menopause, and beyond. And they understand the unique responsibilities and demands that many women juggle. We offer traditional primary care services and retail cosmetic services such as Botox and laser hair removal.
- Proactive follow-up care: If you ever need hospital or emergency care, we’ll help you get your health back on track. A member of our primary care team will reach out to you within 48 hours of your return home. We can help you manage pain, answer questions, schedule follow-up tests, and more. We’ll also schedule you to see your primary care provider within 14 days. At this visit, we’ll see how you’re feeling and confirm whether you need additional tests, treatments, or follow-up visits.