Hospital Charges & Estimates
Estimate Your Medical Costs
Price transparency is essential, especially when trying to understand the complexities of your health coverage, out-of-pocket costs, and the quality of services provided to you. Which is why we want to make financial and billing information easy to find and navigate. To receive an estimate of your medical costs including procedures, surgeries, and tests, explore our resources below. Please note that prices are dependent on a number of details and these prices are an estimation based on the information provided. You should connect with your insurance provider to confirm final costs.
- If you have a MyChart account, log in here to access our Price Estimator Tool, which features estimates for numerous services offered at Virtua Health.
- If you do not have a MyChart account, click here to access our Price Estimator Tool.
- If you are unable to find your estimate in our tool, fill out the online Patient Price Estimate Request to estimate hospital charges only. Inquires made Monday through Friday will receive a response within one business day.
- Download a Machine Readable List of Standard Charges:
- If you need additional assistance, please call 856-355-2000.
Terms to Know
The amount you must pay for the cost of a doctor visit or other medical service.
The percent of your insurance that you share with your insurance carrier. For example, if you have an 80/20 plan, you pay 20% of the full cost in addition to your deductible.
The amount you owe for covered health care services before your health insurance plan begins to pay. For example, if your deductible is $1,000, your plan won’t pay anything until you’ve paid $1,000 for covered services.
The total of your costs, including all co-pays and co-insurance amounts.
Assistance with Estimates and Charges
Virtua’s Patient Accounting team can help you plan ahead for out-of-pocket expenses designated by your insurance. Here is helpful information to consider prior to services:
- Virtua will bill your insurance company directly.
- You will be charged for any deductibles, co-insurance, and/or co-pays.
- Total payment is expected for the patient’s portion of the bill at the time of service or when released from the hospital. Cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards are accepted. Monthly payment plans can be arranged in some circumstances.
For further assistance related to hospital estimates and charges, call Virtua Patient Accounting at 856-355-2000.