Telehealth Care at Virtua - care from the comfort of your home.
Virtua Health is pleased to offer telehealth services for the safety and convenience of patients. You can get virtual care from the comfort of your home, office, or wherever it is convenient for you.
Whether you are interested in an Urgent Care Telehealth visit, or you need a scheduled visit with your regular Virtua Health clinician, we can help you get the most from your visit. Please see the tips below for scheduling, registering, and completing a telehealth visit with a Virtua care clinician.
If you need routine care from your specific Virtua health care clinician, a telehealth visit may be appropriate. During your appointment, your clinician will discuss your symptoms with you, and may review any imaging or lab tests previously prescribed. If you need medication, your clinician can send prescriptions to your chosen pharmacy.
To schedule, you can:
Call us at 888-847-8823, or call your Virtua clinician’s office directly. Our personal health navigators can schedule an in-person or telemedicine appointment that is convenient for you.
Chat with one of our personal health navigators.
Request a Callback
Request a callback from a personal health navigator.
Preparing for Your Visit
You should think of your telehealth visit just as you would a “regular” in-person visit. Get ready to get the most of your visit by:
- Log into MyChart in advance of your scheduled visit.
- Test your camera and sound to be sure your clinician will be able to see and hear you.
- Make sure you can be clearly seen (you aren’t too close or too far away from your camera).
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- When possible, set up your device in a quiet, private location to limit distractions and background noise.
- Ensure that you’ll be able to show your clinician the part of your body you’re visiting about.
- On the day of your appointment, while you are in the online Telehealth Lounge it may appear your call has dropped as things may appear “quiet.” Be assured that this is normal and your clinician will join as soon possible.
- Dress as you would for an in-person appointment.
- Prepare a list of questions you wish to ask the clinician.
- eCheck-In: MyChart allows you to complete tasks for your appointment in advance. All patients should utilize eCheck-In via MyChart up to 6 days prior to a visit to reduce wait times. eCheck-In also allows you to submit your co-pay in advance.
- Day of Appointment: Remember to log in 15 minutes prior to your appointment, and have your insurance card, photo ID, and any necessary paperwork with you.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date. If the clinician has trouble connecting to you, they may call you directly.
- Have a thermometer, blood pressure cuff, and other medical devices available during the visit.
- If possible, bring your medication bottles as well.
- Alert the clinician of any new medications or supplements you are taking, as well as any recent hospitalizations or tests that may have been completed outside of Virtua.
- Decline or ignore any incoming calls during your visit. If you answer, your telehealth visit may be disconnected.
- If you cannot connect to your appointment, call our Patient Support Hotline at 856-246-4113.
- After Your Virtua telehealth visit, you can expect to see your After Visit Summary in your MyChart account. Make sure your notifications are set so you may be alerted when the summary posts to your portal. You may also receive a patient satisfaction survey.
Have you already scheduled?
If you have scheduled your telehealth visit, please see our Scheduled Telehealth Visits page.
Are you experiencing serious symptoms?
If you are having serious symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, chest pain, severe abdominal pain, or you have a serious injury, call 911 immediately.