Virtua Female Pelvic Medicine is a highly specialized practice offering the most progressive treatments available for women affected by pelvic floor disorders, such as:
There are countless reasons why women develop these disorders and they affect women of all ages. While more than half of all women will
experience conditions such as urinary incontinence in their lives, it is often one of the least discussed subjects between a woman and her healthcare provider.
Many women put off treatment for years for fear of embarrassment. As a practice devoted exclusively to female pelvic medicine, we know the prevalence of these conditions and we understand patients’ sensitivity. With expertise and dignity, we provide a comfortable environment for patients to discuss their individual situation.
From sophisticated diagnostics to conservative non-surgical therapies and minimally invasive surgical procedures, Virtua Female Pelvic Medicine reconstructive surgery experts provide a full range of care and treatment:
- Multichannel urodynamic studies to pinpoint the precise location of bladder weakness for more effective outcomes
- Flexible cytoscopy to view the urethra and bladder, with complete comfort for patients while allowing patients to view study on video for a better understanding of the condition and treatment plan
- Conservative treatment plan which may include supportive devices and physical therapy
- Wide range of minimally invasive procedures, most of which are done in an outpatient setting
- Comprehensive follow-up to ensure optimal results
The practice provides surgical services for patients 18 and older at Virtua Voorhees Hospital, Summit Surgery Center and at the Virtua Health & Wellness Center in Voorhees. The practice is committed to expedient and through communication with referring physicians to ensure the most comprehensive patient care.
Joseph L. Maccarone, MD, FACOG
News release: Virtua physician achieves female pelvic medicine certification