The brain is part of the body's nervous system and controls movement, breathing, thoughts and emotions. When something disturbs this complex system, the results can be devastating and affect the delicate balance of multiple body systems.
Virtua delivers expert care for individuals affected by neurological-related disorders. From detection to treatment and rehabilitation, Virtua's well-respected clinical staff is dedicated to ensuring each patient receives the care they need and expect.
Common Neurological Conditions
Virtua provides patients with quality care through board-certified neurologists, state-of-the-art technology and innovative treatment. Virtua offers a range of services to diagnose and treat neurological conditions such as:
- Strokes (brain attacks)
- Brain injuries
- Alzheimer's disease
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease and Multiple Sclerosis
State Of The Art Neurology Technology
Virtua's neurologists use the following to diagnose patients:
- Teleneurology at all Virtua emergency departments. Teleneurology allows emergency room physicians to have 24/7 access to neurologists via real-time, two-way audio and video communication for stroke diagnosis and intervention, including tPA use when appropriate
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging capabilities including CT, CTA, MRI and SPECT
- Stroke risk assessment and evaluation
- Memory testing for loss attributed to Alzheimer's and related dementia
- Extensive cerebrovascular evaluation including carotid ultrasound, MRA, CTA and transcranial doppler
- Electroencephalography (EEG) to diagnose seizures, faints or blackouts and conditions like memory loss, mental decline and confusion
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 1-888-VIRTUA-3 (1-888-847-8823).