The Code of Conduct (Code) is designed to assist you in making the right decision when you encounter situations involving legal or ethical issues in your daily activities. Obviously the Code cannot cover every aspect of your job. When you are confronted with an unusual situation or you have any doubts about the right course to follow, always use your practical judgment. Other resources are available to answer your questions and concerns, such as your supervisor or your supervisor’s manager, Human Resources, the Compliance Officer and the Compliance Hotline. Our managers maintain an open door policy.Over the years, Virtua has established numerous policies and procedures to promote compliance with sound legal and ethical principles, which are not described in the Code. Nothing contained in this Code is intended to lessen the importance of adhering to these established policies and procedures.
The Code of Conduct is for all entities under the parent company, Virtua Health, Inc. and controlled entities, known as collectively as “Virtua.” The Virtua Code of Conduct pertains to the Virtua Health, Inc. and the controlled entities as follows:
- Virtua - Memorial Hospital Burlington County, Inc
- Virtua - West Jersey Health System, Inc.
- Virtua Memorial Burlington - Psych
- Virtua Health and Rehabilitation at Mt. Holly
- Virtua Health and Rehabilitation Center at Berlin
- Virtua Home Care – Community Nursing Services
- Virtua Home Care at West Jersey
- Virtua Health Foundation, Inc.
- Virtua Medical Group
- Virtua Retail