Apple Spice Cake
Looking for something sweet and satisfying? This apple spice cake answers the call! Apples feature anti-inflammatory properties that contain high amounts of fiber, both of which improve kidney function. Within the diet recommendations of your clinicians, enjoy this delicious dessert while also doing your body a favor.
- 4 granny smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 box of yellow, sugar-free cake mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Sprinkle of ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften apple slices in the microwave until they are soft (roughly 5 minutes).
- Make cake mix according to box and fold in warm apple slices and spices.
- Bake until the cake is cooked all the way through (about 45 minutes).
- After the cake cools, sprinkle maple sugar on top and enjoy!
Updated August 31, 2022