Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Shrimp is low in phosphorus, making it super beneficial for your kidneys. When it comes to kidney disease, your system has a hard time removing phosphorus from the body. So when Taco Tuesday comes around, consider making these easy shrimp tacos (within the diet recommendations of your clinicians). Your tummy (and kidneys) will thank you for it.
- 1 ½ cups chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ½ lime (squeezed)
- 1 chopped avocado
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Chipotle seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- In one bowl, mix chopped pineapple, green onion, red onion, cilantro, and avocado. Add in lime juice and mix to make the salsa.
- Toss shrimp with chipotle seasoning (the more you use the spicier it will be), salt, pepper, and garlic powder in another bowl. Mince garlic and mix it into shrimp as well.
- Heat a skillet to medium and cook shrimp for about 4 minutes (2 minutes on each side).
- Assemble tacos! Add shrimp to a tortilla, add cabbage, and pineapple salsa. Enjoy!
Updated August 31, 2022