Rice and Bean Bowl
- Bowls are super easy to assemble.
- Bowls are a great way to get a variety of nutrients, textures, and colors in one meal.
- Beans are a great source of protein and fiber.
- Beans are an excellent source of prebiotics.
- This whole dish tastes delicious.
- Honestly, we can't think of any. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 3 cups whole grain brown rice, cooked
- 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 medium avocados, divided
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tortilla chips
- Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add rice and beans, stirring frequently. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add in your cooked rice and remove from heat, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/2 of an avocado, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until sauce is thin, add water if needed.
- In 4 separate bowls, evenly divide rice and bean mixture, tomatoes, and corn. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of your sauce. Top evenly with remaining avocado and cilantro. Add 1 tablespoon of crushed tortilla chips to each bowl for crunch.
If you’re struggling with digestive distress, Virtua’s board-certified gastroenterologists can help with the most advanced treatment options. Find a Virtua GI near you and schedule an appointment today.
Updated September 24, 2021