Recipe - Quinoa With Watercress, Pears and Pomegranates
This salad is overflowing with superfoods! Quinoa brings protein, watercress is the most nutrient dense green around and pomegranates are packed with antioxidants. You won’t find a more nourishing dish and this one gets bonus points for being colorful and festive.
- 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed and leaves sliced (about 1 1/2 cups packed leaves)
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Combine 2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until quinoa is tender and all water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes
- Place quinoa in a large bowl with watercress, pears, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, juice and vinegar.
- Stir to combine, then serve.
Recipe provided by Whole Foods Market
Updated November 27, 2017