Registration by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be accommodated.
At the Virtua Center for Women, our prenatal registrar/financial counselor can assist with the registration process and help you identify health benefits. So you can focus on a happier, healthier you for your baby.
Step 1: Register for Prenatal Care and Delivery at Virtua
- Go to the “Patient Forms” tab on this page and print the “New OB Registration Packet.” Bring these forms with you to your first appointment.
- Contact the Financial Counselor for an appointment at (856) 247-7581
Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
Step 2: Meet with Our Prenatal Registrar/Financial Counselor to:
- Register for prenatal care*
- Schedule your first prenatal appointment with a nurse practitioner and nurse case manager.
- Register to deliver your baby at Virtua Voorhees.
- Apply for insurance coverage during your pregnancy (if necessary).
* Photo ID, insurance card and written proof of pregnancy from a medical provider required.
Written proof of pregnancy can be obtained free of charge by calling one of the following facilities for an appointment prior to coming to the Center for Women:
- Choices of the Heart: (856) 374-2445 (Turnersville)
- Options for Women: (856) 795-0048 (Cherry Hill)
Most Commercial Insurance Plans Accepted. All Medicaid HMO’s accepted, including: Amerigroup, Horizon NJ Health, United Healthcare Community Plan, and Aetna Better Health.
To apply for insurance coverage through the Affordable Care act, please call (855) 999-7759 to find out which plans include Virtua.
If payment plan is necessary, a financial counselor can set up a fee schedule. You may also contact our Accounting Department at (856) 355-2000 for pricing on hospital and delivery charges.
If your insurance plan has a high deductible, you may be eligible for New Jersey Family Care for Pregnant Women. Call the Center for Women to find out if you qualify.
Are You Transferring from Another Provider?
- Go to the “Patient Forms” tab on this page and complete the “Authorization for Release of Records” form.
- To expedite the records release process, bring your completed forms to the Center for Women office, or fax it directly to the prenatal registrar at (856) 247-7629.
- It will take approximately two to four weeks to receive records from another provider.
- Once your records are received and reviewed by a nurse case manager, we will schedule your first prenatal appointment with our Provider.
Contact our Financial Counselor at (856) 247-7581 to see if you qualify for New Jersey Family Care for Pregnant Women
The following information is required by the County Board of Social Services in order to apply for New Jersey Family Care for Pregnant Women:
- Photo ID
- Written confirmation of pregnancy
- Patient’s Social Security Card
- Patient’s Birth Certificate
- Patient’s pay stubs for 1 month (must be current and consecutive)
- Proof of Address, e.g. utility or cell phone bill (Credit card and banking statements are not acceptable).
If you are married or you and your partner have common children together, you must provide:
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Spouse's or Partner's Birth Certificate
- Spouse's or Partner's Social Security Card
- Spouse's or Partner's Pay Stubs for 1 month (must be current and consecutive)
If you are divorced, you must provide:
If you have children under 18 years old, you must provide:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Social Security Card
If you are a homeowner, you must provide:
- Mortgage or lease insurance information
Undocumented Pregnant Patients (No Green Card or Immigrant Visa):
Apply for assistance through NJ Family Care for Pregnant Women at the Virtua Center for Women, then go to the business services department (located in Lobby B) to apply for Charity Care. Once you are 32 weeks pregnant, go to the County Board of Social Services to apply for emergency Medicaid for labor and delivery.
Apply for Charity Care at:
100 Bowman Drive
Voorhees NJ 08043
Lobby B – Patient Business Services
Office Hours: 7 am to 5 pm
Tel: (856) 247-2671
Tel: (856) 247-3321